Health and Welfare Plans —
Strategic Planning and Design
Discover the Important Issues
This intermediate-level course is designed for participants seeking an opportunity to expand their understanding and practical knowledge of advanced concepts around the benefits design process. This course puts fundamental knowledge around health and welfare benefits into play by addressing advanced concepts around how to evaluate, select, design, cost and fund health and welfare programs. Topics include strategic assessment, conducting a gap analysis, plan selection and design, costing benefits plans, funding arrangements, and gaining management buy-in and approval for implementation of the new and proposed benefits plan.
- Evaluate how the overall organizational strategy, human resources strategy and total rewards strategies work together to guide benefits decisions.
- Conduct a gap analysis to determine the current state of benefits offerings versus the desired state, while keeping a realistic view of potential barriers.
- Analyze benefits selection and design considerations to determine if your current design is meeting the needs of your organization and decide whether these offerings are still an appropriate fit for your organization.
- Examine costing considerations and estimate the costs of existing and proposed benefits plans.
- Consider the different types of funding mechanisms and discuss which approach will work best for your organization.
- Examine how to gain buy-in and support for the proposed plan by creating and presenting the business case for senior management.
Who Should Attend
This course contains U.S. specific content. It is designed for mid-level benefits practitioners or individuals seeking to expand their understanding and practical knowledge of the benefits design process. It is recommended that participants are proficient with the content presented in Health and Welfare Plans — Strategic Planning and Design (B3).
What You Will Learn
■ Strategic Assessment
■ Conducting a Gap Analysis
■ Selecting and Designing Benefits Plans
■ Costing and Pricing
■ Management Approval and Implementation
■ CBP: Required
■ Recertification: 2 Course, .5 Exam
■ CEUs: 1.5 Course, .3 Exam
■ CPEs: 16
■ CFP: 8 Credits
■ PHR/SPHR/GPHR Recertification Hours: 16 (Traditional Classroom); 14 (Instructor-Led Live Online)
Click here to register today!